Every industry publishes many trade publications, periodicals, and academic journals. Successful professionals regularly review the literature in their industries to explore the intellectual developments and range of resources available within their disciplines.
Develop a journal to collect print and/or electronic resources that are specific to the discipline of adult education and training. You will add to this journal several times throughout this course and may choose to keep it updated going forward in future courses.
Locate a minimum of two resources that are specific to the field of adult education and training.
Include the following information for each resource:
· Associated costs or membership, if any
· Subject focus
· Intended audience
· Tone: highly technical, research-based, or application-based
· A 5- to 7-sentence description of how the resource serves the discipline
Format all citations and references according to APA guidelines.
Research the following theories of intelligence as they relate to instructional strategies and designing appropriate learning activities:
· Multiple Intelligences – Gardner
· Practical Intelligence – Sternberg
· Emotional Intelligence – Goleman
Design a learning activity about one of the topics that you’ve learned from Adult Learning: Linking Theory and Practice that will integrate all three theories of intelligence.
Include the following in your learning activity:
· A learning goal or purpose of the activity
· Materials needed
· Description of learning environment (online, classroom, workplace, or other)
· Instructional approach
· Accommodations or modifications, if necessary, to meet the needs of all learners
· Method to assess learning.
Biological and psychological differences among different stages of adulthood create a need for a variety of instructional approaches to support successful learning. As a team you will examine how these differences may present themselves in the classroom.
Research the biological and psychological development of adults at different stages of adulthood for the purpose of determining the impact of this development on learning.
Create a fictitious adult learner profile for each member of your learning team; represent as many different stages of adulthood as possible. Each profile should be drafted in an outline format.
Include the following information for each learner profile:
· Cultural background
· Educational experience
· Goals and motivation for learning
· 2 or 3 biological characteristics and 2 or 3 psychological characteristics that may impact their approach to learning
· 3 to 5 classroom accommodations or instructional approaches necessary to meet the learner’s needs
Write a 150- to 175-word summary for the fictitious learner profile you created for your Learning Team that describes the following:
· Brief recap of learner’s demographics
· Alignment of learner’s goals and motivation to stage of adulthood
· How biological and psychological characteristics may impact learning
· Justification for accommodations and instructional approaches selected and how they support learning
Cite a minimum of three sources to support your findings.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.