Smoking cessation continues to be a leading modifiable risk factor for cardiorespiratory and total body wellness. Many options, such as e-cigarettes and vaping, have come to the forefront as cessation alternatives, but studies on safety are lacking. As a healthcare provider, you are likely to encounter questions on strategies for smoking cessation and alternatives.
After consulting your assigned textbook reading for this module and the article cited here, answer each of the following questions:
- What is the role of healthcare providers and healthcare systems in smoking cessation?
- Are e-cigarettes and vaping safer than traditional cigarette smoking? Explain.
- What is one physiological reason that smoking increases cardiorespiratory or other health risks?
Be sure to support your positions with APA formatted in-text citations and references from the assigned resource. You may also use other scholarly resources to support your opinions.
After reviewing and studying this module’s content, answer the following questions. Be sure to complete all lab activities and attend/watch all live lectures before completing this assignment. All of your answers should be written in your own words, using full sentences, correct terminology, and proper spelling and grammar.
- Explain the anatomical concepts associated with the respiratory system. Summarize this module’s key points in 5-6 sentences.
- Explain the physiological concepts associated with the respiratory system. Summarize this module’s key points in 5-6 sentences.
- How will you apply the concepts you have learned about the respiratory system in real life and in your future career?
- Which topic within this module has been the most valuable to your learning experience and why?
- Which topic(s) within this module did you struggle to understand and why?
- (Optional) Do you have any suggestions for your instructor on how they could help you connect with the difficult topics you’ve noted?