Discuss an issue or challenge facing contemporary Christianity.
Write a well-organized with a minimum of 1000 to 1200 words (3 to 4 pages double-spaced) in which you address the following
Formulate a thesis statement and an argument regarding a current problem or challenge facing Christianity in the United States.
- Review the textbook chapter 5 “The Twentieth Century, 1914 to the Present,” pages 286 through 344.
- Feel free to search for other sources in peer reviewed journals (using JSTOR in the library) or online sources about current issues of faith.
- Some possible topics:
- Gender roles in church leadership.
- Sexual scandals and abuse among Protestant celebrity pastors and Catholic priests.
- Current conflicts in theology and doctrine between faith and science.
- Christian nationalism in politics.
- Christian faith among millennials and GenZ.
- Declining levels of faith and rising numbers of the “nones.” (see links below)
David Kinnamen and Gabe Lyons, George Barna unChristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks about Christianity…and Why It Matters, 2012.
Beth Allison Barr, The Making of Biblical Womanhood: How the Subjugation of Women became the Gospel Truth. 2021.