Digital forensic cases | Information Systems homework help
You have been asked to conduct research on a past forensic case to analyze how digital data was used to solve the case. Choose one of the following digital forensic cases:
S. v. Doe (1983), Doe U.S. (1988), People Sanchez (1994), Michelle Theer (2000), Scott Tyree (2002), Dennis Rader (2005), Corey Beantee Melton (2005), James Kent (2007), Brad Cooper (2008)
Using the Stayer Library or the Internet, search for the case notes and reports for the case and answer the following:
- Summarize the case, the pertinent actors, evidence, and facts.
- Outline the specific digital evidence that was used in the case.
- Describe how the investigators found and documented the evidence, if any.
- Describe the procedures and tool(s) used for acquiring potential evidence.
- Describe the obstacles faced in the investigation.
- Outline the most significant improvement to digital forensic investigations/tools that assisted with efficiency and reliability.
- Provide the links to two modern tools that could have assisted with the collection of evidence.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.