Overview:This exercise is designed to help you understand the dynamics of active listening in conversations and to develop active listening skills. Prepare a written response to the prompt below using a word processor. Please save your file in .doc or .docx format.For more guidance about APA formatting, please visit the APA Resources folder in the Student Resources course menu tab.*To view the grading rubric for this assignment, click on the name of the assignment and click “View Rubric”
- Download the Active Listening Exercise Information and Example.docx file (link located under the assignment title above).
- This file contains details about each of the three types of responses and also includes an example for Vignette #1. Read through the information and example carefully.
- Download the Module 4 Assignment 2 Vignettes.docx file (link located under the assignment title above).
- Develop the following three (3) statements that respond to the speakers for each of the remaining three vignettes in the Module 4 Assignment 2 Vignettes.docx file (You can also read them below):
- Empathy Statement – This will indicate that you show empathy for the situation.
- Seeking Clarification – This will ask for clarification and detail in a nonjudgmental.
- Nonevaluative Feedback – This will provide nonevaluative feedback to the speaker.
- Put your statements in the areas provided in the Module 4 Assignment 2 Vignettes.docx file.