Assignment 2: RA 1: Organizational Development Intervention Presentation
For this assignment, you will be creating an organizational development (OD) intervention strategy presentation of approximately 6–8 slides for a fictitious company. Your ability to persuade and influence leadership with precise and concise points is key to good consulting. Your knowledge and emotional intelligence are needed to assist this organization in increasing team performance and overall company effectiveness. You are to read the scenario provided and follow the directions below to create the presentation as an external consultant for the board of directors.
Declining employee morale, conflict within and between workgroups, and employee performance problems led the newly appointed division manager of company X to search for an industrial/organizational (I/O) psychology professional. The manager would like you to assist with the analysis and development of an organizational development (OD) intervention strategy that will improve team effectiveness and organizational performance. There are twenty-five staff members employed in the division. There is no union organization involved. After an initial meeting with the division manager, you have been asked to present the organizational development (OD) intervention strategy to the executive board. You will be bidding for the opportunity to assist company X in its efforts to improve morale and increase employee and group performance within the division.
Other consultants will be presenting to the executive board as well.
In 6 to 8 slides (including detailed speaker’s notes):
- Describe your organizational development (OD) practitioner competencies.
- What makes you the best candidate for this opportunity?
- What are your credentials?
- How will you organize the plan so the organization can change effectively and efficiently?
- What will most likely transform the organization in the given scenario (i.e., structural, technical, or behavioral change or a combination of these)?
Your final product will be a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation of approximately 6 to 8 slides in length (including detailed speaker’s notes). You will utilize three to four scholarly sources in your research. Your presentation should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- By Wednesday, May 27, 2015, save the Microsoft PowerPoint presentation as M3_A2_Lastname_Firstname.ppt and submit it to the M3 Assignment 2 RA 1 Dropbox.